Moist Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread Cupcakes
If you’re like me, you have insatiable cravings for cornbread. When it comes to this delicious Thanksgiving staple, I’m picky. It needs to be moist, but not too sticky, I love a little crispness on the first bite. A delicious vegan cornbread in my world is a tough treat to come by.
Last ‘Friend-giving’ my roommate experimented with a cornbread recipe and thus we stumbled across perfection. It wasn’t until TODAY while grabbing the ingredients, did I realize this is also a gluten-free mix!
Funny story, earlier today I tried this recipe using Sprout’s regular Corn Bread mix, and it was a complete flop.
A total Flop.
It took the better part of my morning trying to understand why my cupcakes were falling flat… for the very first time! We came to the conclusion it must be the brand, in order to make this a success Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread was essential. Only at the store did I realize we have always used the Gluten-Free mix. Feel free to experiment with Bob Mill’s original cornbread mix, but note, I’m not confident it will work.
This is a SUPER sweet recipe if you’d like to tone down the sweet, stick to one can of Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk and you should be golden!
The recipe will produce approximately 17 cupcakes, great for leftovers or get-togethers. This tends to be our go-to for Vegan dinner nights.
Moist Gluten Free Vegan Cornbread Cupcakes
- Cupcake Pan & Cupcake Paper
- 20 oz Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
- 480 grams Nature's Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk 1.5 Cans
- 1 Cup Alternative Dairy-Free Milk ( Vanilla Pictured ) Soy, Almond-Milk, Cashew Milk, etc.
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter Melted, Miyoko's is my preferred.
- 1/2 TSP Xanthan Gum Egg Replacement
- 4 TBS Water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl add your water and begin fork whisking the xantham gum in to create an egg like, thick consistency. There will be small chunks, that's normal.
- In a large bowl combine dry and wet ingredients, including melted butter and xanthan gum mixture. It will combine to a cake-batter like consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into your individual cupcakes, they have minimal rise 3/4th full will create a nice fluffiness.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until complete