[…] Secret Recipe= Caveman Method + Norwex The Caveman consists of only washing your face with water, or not washing…
4 Ingredient Easy Acne Busting Daily Mask
Getting on birth control at the age of 14 felt like the right decision, I was afraid of getting acne in high school… weren’t we all? Well fortunately for me I had an OBGYN in the family and unlimited access to BC samples. Thus began the nightmare.
When I left home at 17 unable to afford birth control on my own, I quit cold turkey. You can imagine what happened next.
My acne and hormones erupted after years of suppression. The worst news being how pasty my skin is. I’ve got that red-hot English skin, it is bright red in even the darkest conditions and hyperpigmentation happens religiously.
This was my living nightmare. Much like most of you ( I’m sure ) I spent YEARS trying every solution under the sun, and I mean every solution. See full ACNE blog for more details on this journey.
There is a lot of work that went into getting my skin back under my control, but today I wanted to share with you my miracle mask. This mask not only controls ALL of my non-hormonal acne, it also reduces the life of my hyperpigmentation three-fold. It’s a SUPER easy regime to incorporate into your every day routine, in fact- I recommend it!
The best part is, it only has FOUR INGREDIENTS and it’s incredibly affordable. Say goodbye to overpriced, over-processed, chemicals, and say hello to the holistic approach.
1 TBS – Water
1 TBS- Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBS- Bentonite Clay “Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay”
10 Drops- Lemon Essential Oil
1. First, grab your reusable container! I am reusing a Trader Joe’s facial cleansing pads container as it’s designed to hold in moisture.
2. Add 2 Tablespoons of your Aztec Healing Clay. These come in LARGE and SMALL sizes at most natural grocers such as Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Wholefoods, and of course, Amazon is a simple and easy method.
3. Add your 10 drops of Lemon essential oil ( Lavender or Frankincense can be used alternatively )
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar ( making sure it includes ‘The Mother’, Braggs is the most reputable )
5. Add 1 Tablespoon of Water
6. Mix it up – PLEASE NOTE- Do not use METALS. I use plastic, wood or even my finger in a pinch. Metals can get pulled into the mask via the clay, which is not optimal for the skin.
The mask should have a nice creamy consistency and smell, you’ll need very little to spread along the face and jawline. You can use this as a spot treatment additionally.
Leave the mask on for 10-20 minutes (this is entirely dependent on the sensitivity of your skin). It will harden and begin to tighten and crack, you’ll feel a pulsating. This is one mask you can FEEL working.
When you’re ready, wash gently with warm water and massage into the skin for a gentle exfoliant if desired.
Utilize this mask before your make-up routine or even before bed!
Have questions? Shoot me a comment or email for support! Enjoy.